Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I probably live up to the title as I am 65 but took delivery of my Scirroco 2.0 TSI today after a weeks wait whilst they fitted a new turbo. No pictures but it is identical to turboguys. It is a VW stock car with the 17 inch wheels and black. It has DSG, Sat Nav, reversers and a 6 change CD, am I the only one in the world without an iplayer?. When I picked it up I was asked for an extra £300+ for the Autoglym Lifetime treatment. I showed the invoice explained that I never asked for it and the charge was dropped. So also was the guarantee and the goody bag of products. Looking at the Autoglym website has not been very informative so could someone please explain what the lifetime does and what I have to do to keep it looking as good as it did today before it started raining. After a lifetime of cars many of them company ones I have to say that this is about as good as a car gets - very responsive, good handling, very reasonable comfort, some road noise but I expected that and probably lower with the 17's rather than the 18's and plenty of room for a second car. Looking forward to giving it a run as so far it came home in the rush hour and other things have kept me away from using it today. Another question whats with the lack of wheel nuts - no I will go and read the handbook. As for the daylight running lights I think that on some journeys I will use the Volvo trick and turn on the sidelights, this turns off the dip beam when running and also lights the instrument panel which I had got used two with two previous cars, the side and rear lights help show up the car but do not annoy other drivers when in traffic etc.

Nuff said, time to enjoy

·
Registered
181 Posts
The Autoglm has always been an expensive option. It is extremely overpriced but it does do a good job
Find a good valet, detailing company close to where you live.They will be able to do as good a job if not better for a lot less
than £300
Beware if you do get it done only use the best of waxes/sealants on the car in future. Zymol,Swisswax, etc
Your biceps will never be the same

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dublorunner... age is no obstacle and you'll find no discrimination on this forum govn'r...but there is some friendly ;) ;) rivalry between the petrol and oil burners of the board.

I had my wifes Touran lifeshined by the dealer, got it thrown in on the deal for free but they did start off at £450!!! When I told them where to put it they said I would be silly not to have it, so then I insisted on them doing it foc or I would take my money elsewhere. I would say that it's a good product at the right price and only needs a regular wash and light polish to keep it in tip top condition. I got an ex demo rocco and got the Lifeshine PDI kit of ebay for £15 and did it myself (same result just no warranty and bag 'o' goodies) but I at least have the knowledge that it went on all over (inc the wheels).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just like you my lifeshine was done by the dealer but as it was not on the invoice I did not pay for it. So all I need is a polish every month or so to keep it in a shiny condition. Looks like a bargain. Really loving driving the car, enjoying every moment

·
Registered
47 Posts
howdy partner .65 is the new 30 so no worries .why was a new turbo needed on a new car ? .did you take delivery then found you had a dicky one ? . i have ony had one car with a turbo before A3 T .that had a leaky turbo [oil leak] but that was only because i used the car very little. after a couple of long runs it sorted the leak .a guy told me it had a ceramic seal that needed bedding in ?.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.