Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scirocconet is the only place I am going to put official Volkswagen information. If you want to know your factory lead time, or you want to know how events are going to interrupt your build tune into scirocconet. Official word only happens through here. This is the only place to hear what is really going on.

·
Registered
315 Posts
BM
From Sirocco Central, I understand that 60mm and 70mm chrome exhaust trims are now available as an official VW Scirocco accessory in France. I would like to fit such a trim on my 1.4 TSI; any news on availability here please?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tallguy said:
BM
From Sirocco Central, I understand that 60mm and 70mm chrome exhaust trims are now available as an official VW Scirocco accessory in France. I would like to fit such a trim on my 1.4 TSI; any news on availability here please?
I'll have to find out fri as I'm off tomorrow PM me fri AM so I don't forget

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got some sort of info on this. There is no official information within VW, we phoned the parts helpline and the only way of doing it according to them was to change some of the exhaust. More expensive than basic trim. My parts man reckons that in france cos the exhaust is on the other side it may be a different shape and hence that's why it can't be done. Personally I think any exhaust trim is probably aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
BM,
Would you mind looking into 1K8 061 193 B which I believe are listed as V-Protector. I have been told some time back that it is not available to the UK market and wondered if this was correct or if the situation had changed.

For those that don't know what this product is, it is a set of plastic films designed to fit the rocco that are virtually invisible that protect the paintwork on and around the front of the car.

·
Registered
618 Posts
'virtually invisible'

What a load of sh*t, invisible if you are blind maybe.

No different to the paint protection films, and they look utterly crap as they give the paint an awful orange peel look.

You'd be better repainting or just buffing it out if you do get any mark that fitting that crap.

If you really feel the need to make your car look crap go aftermarket for a lot less and better installed than VW would ever do.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Andy said:
'virtually invisible'

What a load of sh*t, invisible if you are blind maybe.

No different to the paint protection films, and they look utterly crap as they give the paint an awful orange peel look.

You'd be better repainting or just buffing it out if you do get any mark that fitting that crap.

If you really feel the need to make your car look crap go aftermarket for a lot less and better installed than VW would ever do.
Andy, have you seen the VW part fitted or are you talking about the usual after market twoddle???

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
***BUMP***

BM, are you onto this or maybe you missed it first time round, would be nice to get a 'professional' view on the product :)

Le_Savage said:
BM,
Would you mind looking into 1K8 061 193 B which I believe are listed as V-Protector. I have been told some time back that it is not available to the UK market and wondered if this was correct or if the situation had changed.

For those that don't know what this product is, it is a set of plastic films designed to fit the rocco that are virtually invisible that protect the paintwork on and around the front of the car.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea woz brill

anyway back to work

part 1k8061193b is not available so if its available from France you would have to go through a french dealer. VW UK doesn't list any film protection. To be fair they are not very popular at all. With these its a bodyshop job to get the film on/off the car. I fitted one to a beetle and tbh even the bodyshop managed to get it wrong first time so we had to order another kit for another £100+. Got better at it since and can get it done first time without bubbles but have to pay several hours labour so it turns into a bonnet respray bill anyway by the time its on there. Getting it off is also fun as the glue is not easy to dispose of quickly.

In summery I wouldn't bother. Not least because all the dirt and grit will collect round the edge of it even if you do manage to get it on right, either cover the whole car in it or don't bother.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
business manager said:
yea woz brill

anyway back to work

part 1k8061193b is not available so if its available from France you would have to go through a french dealer. VW UK doesn't list any film protection. To be fair they are not very popular at all. With these its a bodyshop job to get the film on/off the car. I fitted one to a beetle and tbh even the bodyshop managed to get it wrong first time so we had to order another kit for another £100+. Got better at it since and can get it done first time without bubbles but have to pay several hours labour so it turns into a bonnet respray bill anyway by the time its on there. Getting it off is also fun as the glue is not easy to dispose of quickly.

In summery I wouldn't bother. Not least because all the dirt and grit will collect round the edge of it even if you do manage to get it on right, either cover the whole car in it or don't bother.
Furry muff...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Le_Savage said:
business manager said:
yea woz brill

anyway back to work

Furry muff...
Sorry... fair enough!!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Le_Savage said:
business manager said:
yea woz brill

anyway back to work

Furry muff...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
BM

can you give an idea of current lead times, I placed an order last week, the dealer informed me delivery would probably be early July, now they are saying early Aug, is this likely to slip to Sept or further?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.