Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i the only one that thinks the sunroof spoils the lookf of the scirocco????

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I was originally going to factory order, and in my list of options I wanted the sunroof. After seeing one I went without it. I wouldnt say it "spoils" the roc, I just preferred not to have it, maybe it was cos I was coming from a roadster and was just glad to have a roof again!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
yeah hows it panoramic?, its not as though its like the vauxhalls that have the single piece of glass for the windscreen and roof. Now that is cool.
vw's is a rip off and not worth it. It doesn't even slide back!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I always wanted the roof on mine and went to great efforts to get one.... well Oldham to be precise. I think it looks superb and having looked at and driven both the choice was easy, had to have one. Now had there not been a roof option I would have not minded and been none the wiser but after comparing the non roof model just didn't look tight...too plain, not special... not sure of how to describe it. Yes I agree it is a little disappointing that it is not really panoramic, nor does it slide, but in reality I never used to drive with the roof open on my other cars, also was used to a tilting only roof as my UR Quattro has the same. I also prefer the extrra light let into the somewhat dark cabin space in the rocco, but miss the sun glass storage solution :cool:

·
Registered
258 Posts
When i had a 3 day test drive in a black TSI GT DSG before i ordered my car, i got a chance to use the sunroof. To be honest i did not see enough benefit either in the shape or in its use to warrant the extra spend. Obviously the other thing that put me off was the extra waiting time for this option in the spec.

Must say on evening drive it was nice for the kids so they could point out the stars and the moon etc. But that is the not the first thing that you look for in a car! The fact that it only tilts made me question what the point of it is anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually like the sunroof that came with my Rocco (ex-demo so ya get what ya get). It is good on a bright day when you want a bit more light in the cabin. It's completely useless for anything other than light into the cabin as the tilt is completely pointless. On a bright day, it is nice :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered the roof after testing with/without and found it makes the cabin feel more airy and brightens up the dark interior. Agree it's a lot of dosh but I'm happy with it .
Also like the look externally 2 - But I would say that ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
agree with nickp , white is the only colour that suits the pano roof . :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'd have specced it if it opened fully but seemed an expensive option given that it only popped up a little. It would have been cool if you could lift the glass out (like a targa).

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought it knowing fine well it only tilted, hence why they don't call it a sunroof - for me the Scirocco doesn't look as good without it, each to their own I suppose.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.