Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!,
Im Adam from Cleethorpes and am looking at various cars, obviously one of these being the gorgeous scirocco. I am currently running a 313bhp Honda civic Type-R (jackson racing supercharger) , and am looking to sell to help fund my next car. i have looked at all sorts but the short list is as follows

Scirocco 2.0 Tsi GT (possibly one of niche`s RC 280`s)
Mk 6 Golf GTi 2.0
Audi S3
2nd hand BMW 335i/335id

would love to hear from anyone and your views on my choices. The car will more than likely be on PCP , do any of you have any figures ? this would be a great help

Cheers

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
gynads said:
Scirocco 2.0 Tsi GT (possibly one of niche`s RC 280`s)
Mk 6 Golf GTi 2.0
Audi S3
2nd hand BMW 335i/335id
Hi gynads, and welcome. Thats a nice list you have there, IMHO the roc is a much better looking car than the Mk 6 golf (I actually think the Mk 5 looks better than the Mk 6!) The 335D beemer and the Audi S3 are both great motors, so you have a FWD (roc) RWD (beemer) and 4WD (audi). Personally I would rank the roc and the audi as joint first with the beemer slightly behind. Dont get me wrong, the beemer is a great car, but I believe overpriced for what you get, I prefer the 2.0tsi engine to the beemer lump (having owned both) and I feel the audi and the roc provide a better all round driving experience (and nothing to do with petrol v diesel before Le_Sav or rocket says anything!!)

So that leaves the roc and the audi, hmm, now thats a hard one. I think the roc looks MUCH better and is obviously a newer car however the audi is 4WD and has 268bhp against the rocs 197bhp standard.

On balance though, I would get the roc, remap it, stick an exhaust and induction kit on and bobs your uncle!! (Or wait for the R20 and get the best of both worlds!!)

As for PCP I cant help you, although I would reckon if you are looking at the Audi v Roc, as the roc is cheaper new the PCP cost is likely to be less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks imit, the more i look on here the more i want a roc. I think a trip to the local VW dealer is called for when i get back on dry land! when is the RC20 out btw?

·
Registered
4 Posts
before i ordered my roc, i got pcp prices on an s3 and the roc... the roc was by far cheaper, by a country mile!!

i currently have a 2001 s3 mapped to 265bhp, and the difference in power between the s and the roc is quite abit, obviously. but i honestly think the roc looks better, and will drive nice with a map.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.