Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

this car has speed fetish

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TonyIroc 
#1 ·
HI

Is there anyone out there that has had this prob with having to short shift from fourth to sixth because the revs just seem not to drop below 7000 in each gear.
getting some silly speeds on the speedo +++ covering far to many miles!!!

this car is not going at these speeds

is there something well out and do i need to get it back to vw again

#6 ·
I think he means that the rev counter is showing 7000 rpm plus but he knows its not really doing that. Likewise he's got the speedo showing some very high speeds but again not what he's really doing.
As he also says he's doing too many miles it sounds like there's something badly wrong.

#7 ·
huh? I think all that high rev driving has knackered it! (mind you thats my professional opinion based on knowing nothing about cars except driving and ennjoying them!)

#9 ·
Hi all
At last the problems have been solved after losing all faith in my local dealer car went further afield and this is what the nice man from VW said.
The nightmare revolves round the sport mode setting and a faulty sender unit?
Car showing 7000 rpm and the actual rpm 3500 default setting?

This may explain why I was struggling to pass lorries on the motorway in 6th gear and on the limiter but try to explain the speedo showing twice the speed limit??

Anyway the roc is back to her purring self again and lets hope the next time she see’s the nice man from VW its for the first service!!
:mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.