Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am owner of mk 5 gti love it too bits... probably too much so the wife says but about to order my first scirocco, maybe viper but dont know hether doingthe right thing. have test drove one and although very nice and i know being new engine not opened up yet but didn feel as quick or responsive.... am in a right quandry..... help.... :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I feel the same way. In the short space of time I've actually been able to drive mine it's not quite as good as I'd hoped BUT here's why...

My last car was a Mk2 2.0 Audi TT. Same engine as the Roc and when I first drove that it blew me away. The Roc didn't have the same effect on me. The reason is the car I had prior to the TT was 115bhp Golf GTi. So there was a huge difference between the two. Not so much between the TT and the Roc. After about 5000 miles the TT got even better. Compare a TT with 5000 miles on it to a very tight Roc that hasn't been run in and the TT wins. But once the Roc has been opened up it will be just as good (if not better).

If you're changing from a MK5 GTi that has been run in and opened up the Roc won't exactly be a revelation during it's test drive but once you've got some miles on the clock you'll see the difference and you won't look back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well after a short deliberation.... and your comments gonna order one. Will be sad to see the gti go cause it had everything you could imagine on it in terms of spec,....18" monza, leather, cruise, 30,000 miles but got offered 10200 which i didnt think bad?, on an o5 plate! all i now need to decided is the colour, Viper green or white! Thats the next argument... Who wears the trousers in this house?

·
Registered
267 Posts
i had the same desicion to make viper green or white and changed my mind twice, from white to green then back to white! Best deesicion i ever made was to buy white!looks so god damn sexy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can i ask anyone that may know and i presume im in the right place lol, my scirocco is due next month, early september, "candy white 2.0 tsi gt", cant wait but i have had issue with the aux cable that some people get and others dont? Is it part of the deal or is it an extra you pay for, have heard that its free but they dont give........?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
andyg77 said:
Can i ask anyone that may know and i presume im in the right place lol, my scirocco is due next month, early september, "candy white 2.0 tsi gt", cant wait but i have had issue with the aux cable that some people get and others dont? Is it part of the deal or is it an extra you pay for, have heard that its free but they dont give........?
Do a search and you'll find numerous threads about it on here. It's part of the deal. if it doesn't come with your car, ask yoru dealer for it free of charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
andyg77 said:
Do a search and you'll find numerous threads about it on here. It's part of the deal. if it doesn't come with your car, ask yoru dealer for it free of charge.
I got it new with mine and also an i pod lead too... :thumbup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
my car was a stock so i didnt have a choice of color, but id go white
Mine was an ex-demonstrator and they had 2 similar ones when I was getting mine, one white, one viper. Was well chuffed as I wanted a White one....so the choice was easy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.