Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is the question. I know its good but is it £1300 good :?:

Its head v's heart for me really. I think any sports car really should be a manual but I'm getting a little old and the DSG is suppose to be such a good box. I think I could also get used to the launch control. If it wasnt for the premium it would be such an easier choice.

Also a year or two down the line will there still be a premium for the DSG :?:

·
Registered
454 Posts
VAG1

Good question and I think it depends on the type of driving that you are most likley to do rather than the type of driving you would want to do.

We would all love to drive day to day on the unoccupied, open winding mountain roads normally seen on TV adverts however I am sure you are aware we are not subject to such luxury in the UK - unless you live in the mountains in Wales or in the North West of Scotland.

I opted for the DSG to have the best of both worlds i.e. automatic for sitting in traffic and running around town and then if the roads and the traffic suit, to have a bit of fun with the paddle shift.

I was at an Arnold Palmer track day recently and most of the cars I drove had DSG style boxes and (with a bit of expert tuition) they really are good. The motoring press have noted the VW DSG is one of the best on the market so I think I can sleep peacefully at night having chosen this option.

Not sure how this will affect prices in the future however 3-5 year old Audi TT with flappy paddles are stil more expensive than manuals so should bode well.

I get mine in a few weeks and will post an update when I can to let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have to say I'm sold on DSG. I change cars quick so not bother whether its auto or manual at the mo but if i was buying my own i'd probably stump the extra money. DSG a lot more desirable used but getting someone to pay usually means u get an extra £500 - £1000 for it so u prob won't see the full £1300 again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts