Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a run in the rocc down to QSTuning in haywards Heath to see what they might be able to do for me. After some time spent looking over the car and admiring its every angle it was concluded that a set of eibach 25mm lowering springs would set the car down to a decent level and improve not only the stance of the car but also enhance the wheels by letting them fill the arches more. The supplier was called but was out of stock (originally had 7 sets of springs all of which have been sold... anyone out there already have a set?) so will have to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery when I will take a trip back down for fitting.
While there I also looked at some MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys which are absolutely lovely, going to see if its possible to get a trial fit of a set to see what they look like (anyone want a photoshop project??) but I reckon they will be lovely, but im gonna reserve judgement until i've seen it lowered on the standard rims first.
We also spoke at some length about a MTM chip and Milltek exhaust which I am considering, I have a few weeks to think it over, but again I may well see how the lowering effects the handling and feel of the car first.... I wonder if they do a try before you buy on chips... yeah right!!! Also might just do the chip and leave the zorst which adds very little to the power/torque and maybe just amounts to a very expensive 'nice noise'.

While I was there they did show me the Dyno room, which was a very nice looking setup, and they just happened to be testing a R32 with MTM turbo conversion, I hung around for the third of its 3 power runs on the dyno and was astounded that they have the 3.2 unit producing 400bhp and more than 500lb/ft of torque.... wow I bet that's a brute on the road (RE: Earlier thread they report having had no issues whasoever with the torque and the DSG gearbox)

Now I just need to wait patiently for a few weeks... ho hum!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wigit on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:58 pm

google is king
You're the man... one day I too will remember that google is the finder of all things!!

Them rims are looking good on the lowered rocco, interesting that they show a 35mm drop.. might make an enquiry on that. But given that groudn clearance on the car is not large already the extra 10mm might mkae it a bit of a pig around towns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts