Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the correct tyre pressure is for the 2.0L TSI with 235/40/18's as I do not understand the info in the petrol flap cheers ?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So for 18's running them at 36 all round should be ok then?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Sam63 said:
So for 18's running them at 36 all round should be ok then?
Probably. You will know by the way the car handles, and in time the way the tyre wears. I am no expert on this but I wouldnt have thought you would have a problem at that psi. If the car handles like a pig around the bends you could knock it down a little, and if you start noticing the centre of the tyres wearing worse than the edges you know its over inflated. If you cant find anything in the manual you could always ring VW, or a tyre dealer (kwik-fit etc) and ask them. If you dont get any joy then a bit of trial and error.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The 18's are listed as 33psi all round on the fuel cap.
Cant moan about tyre wear, but the handling is still crap ...maybe its cuz i had a Lotus Elise before?! lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
on the sidewall of the 18" tyres it says 50psi, and the same on my 19" shouldn't you have it at 50 then? when i picked my car up after a few weeks i noticed they were quite flat and when i checked they were at 25psi! i put them up to 40, but don't know what the ideal psi is for fuel efficiency?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Why do people think they know better than the tyre manufacturers when it comes to this? The manucturers tell vw and vw print it in the handbook. 33 is the best for everyday driving but yes if your doing a particular type of driving then it pays to change up or down depending if you want more economy or more performance

·
Registered
222 Posts
donnie darko said:
on the sidewall of the 18" tyres it says 50psi, and the same on my 19" shouldn't you have it at 50 then? when i picked my car up after a few weeks i noticed they were quite flat and when i checked they were at 25psi! i put them up to 40, but don't know what the ideal psi is for fuel efficiency?
DO NOT pump your tyres to 50 psi! this is max rated for tyre. For fun go out and blow your cycle tyres to the max number on the sidewall and see the effect and if they are old tyres make sure your standing behind a brick wall!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
donnie darko said:
I think the PSI quoted on the tyre is the max allowed for that tyre is it not? 40 is way to high. circa 33 is where you want to be.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
donnie darko said:
I think the PSI quoted on the tyre is the max allowed for that tyre is it not? 40 is way to high. circa 33 is where you want to be.
beat you by 1 min!

·
Registered
258 Posts
lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
ok on the fuel cap it says 36 for 19" tyres with 2 people on board and a suitcase lol it's usually just me in my car, i've put it at 35.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.