Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Depends if the drive is bog standard laptop sized HDD or a custom affair like those found in HDD based iPods. Then you would need to find out what file system it uses (though I would wager it's FAT32). Another question is whether the firmware in the unit is based around one HDD size or if the unit will detect the increase in storage space when you swap the drives over.

If you have the MDI fitted, it's really not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh your probs right, not really worth the hassle... its just easier to plug in the 32gb ipod. pleanty of space to be fair...
i think the original hdd needs to be ghosted onto the new one as if the hdd comes into contact with another operting system, i write files onto it which make it inoperable when it goes back into the car.
i believe its a 2.5" hdd thats in there at the moment... looks just like any other laptop harddrive...
anyways, can't be arsed but would congrstulate anybody that does get this working!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.