Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.v-a-g.co.uk anybody going? Leighton Hall, Carnforth LA5 9ST
Ive been a couple of times Good day out for everyone
THE BIG DAY HAS ARRIVED Nice and early departure (8am)Weather looking FANTASTIC I think we might be outnumbered by the MKIV golf boys and girls My ST3 is installed on the GOLF V so Ill be going in that. Should be good for 145 all the way there :lol: ;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
andymac said:
Ah Bluefin Can that be detected by the dealer? Will warranty issues arise?
I was in with my dealer on wednesday, my car may be due its first service in the next 5,000 miles so asked him about leaving the car in for a service, here is how the conversation went..............

"By the way, my car should be due its first service in the next month or 2. I have a bit of work done to it. A remap and an induction kit. Should I let them know before the service?"

dealer - "Aye, maybe. We dont really touch the ecu so it wont make any difference"

me - "Its just I dont want them wiping the remap or messing with the induction kit"

dealer - "yes well in that case just say when you are leaving it in"

me - " it shouldnt be a problem?"

dealer - "nope, thats fine"

Now, some dealers can be a bit jobsworth, but as they are paid by VW for the work they dont want to lose out on it in the current climate. Even if they do question it Superchips offer a 12 month warranty (that you can extend for an additional cost) that covers any issues created by the remap that your dealer wont cover...............if there are any, this is the 4th car I have had superchipped in the last 5 years and have NEVER had any issues with the car or the dealer, and I have told them at every service. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.