Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have the VAG COM software or know anything about it. I notice that it's about 250 quid to buy but you can get it considerably cheaper on ebay.

I was wondering if anyone knew which version you needed for the Roc and if the ones on ebay are compatible. I'm a bit confused by the number of different versions. On another board I rememeber someone saying that they had found a setting that allowed the fog lights to be used as DRLs instead of the dipped beam. Based on this surely it must be possible to program the sidelights to act as DRLs.

This would be the perfect scenario for me as I actually like having DRLs but I would prefer the autolights to actually activate the dipped beam rather than them being on all the time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I can't answer your questions I'm afraid but don't forget that if you are planning on buying VAGCOM you need to get hold of a connecting cable (laptop to car) as well.
I don't if that would be included with the ebay items that you've seen but I think I remember reading a post which suggested on it's own the cable was pretty expensive too.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nickp said:
I can't answer your questions I'm afraid but don't forget that if you are planning on buying VAGCOM you need to get hold of a connecting cable (laptop to car) as well.
I don't if that would be included with the ebay items that you've seen but I think I remember reading a post which suggested on it's own the cable was pretty expensive too.
The ones on ebay do include the cable as well.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The ones on ebay are utter shite.

You need agenuine cable for the Scirocco as it uses Ca-Bus, and the only way to get the latest version ross-tech software to work is with a genuien cable which acts as a dongle to activate it.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy said:
The ones on ebay are utter shite.

You need agenuine cable for the Scirocco as it uses Ca-Bus, and the only way to get the latest version ross-tech software to work is with a genuien cable which acts as a dongle to activate it.
There are listing on ebay for the dongle + Software for around 50 quid. The other ones are around a fiver. So if I went for the 50 quid option this would let em play with the settings?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.