Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wooo-hoooo!

Sorry guys, I know there are tons of these threads out there but I had to share...

My dealer got in touch today and I've now got Roc Day... 23rd of June here we come... Bring.... it.... ON!!!!

I really can't wait, the agony is that it's being delivered to work in the morning and I have meetings over lunch so won't even be able to drive it until the bell goes for home time... what torture! :roll: :clap: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
572 Posts
:thumbup: lucky you now we know how kiddies feel waiting for Christmas !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Essexbird - september delivery - how will you cope? I'd hate to be facing that wait all over again. The longest I've ever waited before is a couple of weeks so this was all new to me... But it does make it feel that bit special doesn't it.

Only 3 full days and a morning to go... Phew!

On a seperate note I heard on the radio that there are issues with DAB radio receptions, anyone got any experience of this? I'm getting worried that I made a poor choice but with the ashes coming up I'll be gutted if it's rubbish :eh:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was dubious about DAB in a car - not had any experience of it, but if it's like freeview / satellite rather than a degrading signal it will either get full signal or nothing so more susceptible to cut outs. But things may have changed since I lasted looked at DAB in a car last year.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Enjoy the wait its half the fun. First day in car is amazing!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
albertz33 said:
ive got dab on my viper, no probs at all, and ive been driving everywhere, sound quality is good too.
Fantastic - so it seems I'll have a great chice of things to listen to... 6 music in the morning, cricket all day and the sound of that 2.0 tsi in the evening ... What more could anyone possibly want from trips in the motor?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I always wondered about DAB in car too - as my DAB radio at work just cuts out if your move it!
Is there a coverage chart thing anywhere like you get with phone networks that shows you what areas have good coverage? I'd hate to order it an find out that it doesn't work well in my area!

OP - Nice one - you must be glad the wait is almost over! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'ce just found this regarding DAB coverage, I'm sure it's a bit high level but there is a postcode search so it may give you a good idea if your thinking of getting one.

I've got a DAb in the kitchen and listen to 6music all the time so really miss it when I'm out in the car. Once I've got some experience I'll update you with how I've found it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
inktankmatt said:
Once I've got some experience I'll update you with how I've found it. :thumbup:
Look forward to your update! I love the selection I get on my DAB at work... Planet Rock, Kerrang etc! We spend half the day rocking to old choons!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Planet Rock in ur Roc - Rocks :thumbup:
Must say I have yet to have any reception problems with the DAB and I'm in a bad spot

·
Registered
572 Posts
inktankmatt said:
Essexbird - september delivery - how will you cope? I'd hate to be facing that wait all over again. The longest I've ever waited before is a couple of weeks so this was all new to me... But it does make it feel that bit special doesn't it.

Only 3 full days and a morning to go... Phew!

On a seperate note I heard on the radio that there are issues with DAB radio receptions, anyone got any experience of this? I'm getting worried that I made a poor choice but with the ashes coming up I'll be gutted if it's rubbish :eh:
It's tough - last car I only had to wait 5 weeks for. Thankfully during this wait I've got a holiday coming up for almost 3 weeks so that when I come back hopefully I'll only have 5 days to wait - if the build goes to plan. So I'll have something to look forward to when I get back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.