Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hi Johnny

Welcome to the forum and great pics you've got there. What's your initial impression of the Roc compared to the R32. I'm assuming you went for the 2.0 TSI.

Bet your missing those seats though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Awesome car mate, congrats!!! Beatiful colour, saw a viper in the dealers on friday, it looks even better in reality.
But I do love my rising blue too :-D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well to be totally honest the R32 is an amazing car but its very very thirsty, i was filling up with £50 every 3 days, costing far to much. I went into the dealers and was orginally going in to ask for a white 2.0 diesel and i ended up walking out with a green 1.4 tsi haha, but he done me a cracking deal if i was willing to take it.

The 1.4 tsi is brilliant i havent really tested it as its only done 100miles, its excellent so far on the fuel. The seats in the r32, if im totally honest are pretty poor....they look amazing but when you try to let people into the back,3 door, its a bit of a nightmare they dont go far enough forward, the back of the seats end up marked and the side bolsters come away from the plastic backing which i think is a common fault on the recaros,

Only thing i do miss though is the sound of the V6 which was amazing and the dsg box, i have went back to a manual and sometimes sitting at lights or roundabouts forget to change gear haha...overall im glad i changed cars and im glad i got the viper green, the night before i collected i started getting cold feet unsure if i made the right choice with the colour but i think i have....its lovely in the sun.

thanks.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
johnny said:
well to be totally honest the R32 is an amazing car but its very very thirsty, i was filling up with £50 every 3 days, costing far to much. I went into the dealers and was orginally going in to ask for a white 2.0 diesel and i ended up walking out with a green 1.4 tsi haha, but he done me a cracking deal if i was willing to take it.

The 1.4 tsi is brilliant i havent really tested it as its only done 100miles, its excellent so far on the fuel. The seats in the r32, if im totally honest are pretty poor....they look amazing but when you try to let people into the back,3 door, its a bit of a nightmare they dont go far enough forward, the back of the seats end up marked and the side bolsters come away from the plastic backing which i think is a common fault on the recaros,

Only thing i do miss though is the sound of the V6 which was amazing and the dsg box, i have went back to a manual and sometimes sitting at lights or roundabouts forget to change gear haha...overall im glad i changed cars and im glad i got the viper green, the night before i collected i started getting cold feet unsure if i made the right choice with the colour but i think i have....its lovely in the sun.

thanks.
johnny, hi and welcome, have you checked out a remap? Oettinger/nicheconversions/APS/superchips.............there are ones in the mareket already to bring the 1.4tsi up to 200bhp. If you are used to the R32 it might be worth it!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imitebeurda said:
johnny said:

thanks.
johnny, hi and welcome, have you checked out a remap? Oettinger/nicheconversions/APS/superchips.............there are ones in the mareket already to bring the 1.4tsi up to 200bhp. If you are used to the R32 it might be worth it!!
i would consider something like that depending on how it affected the fuel and warrenty, has anyone on here had there 1.4 tsi remapped yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.