Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of the VW bodykit, I have ordered a scirocco 2 weeks ago and was thinking of getting this kit put on at the dealers but I have only seen computer generated images of this kit on a car.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Have to disagree a wee bit. I love the lines of the roc as standard, yes it needs lowering a bit, but I dont think that kit adds anything to the car, destroys some of the sweeping lines IMHO, hate to say it but reminds me of the kit they added to the MG maestro lol! If it was me I would keep the money and go for a good quality aftermarket kit like the Caractere or Prior design options, something like this...............

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Have to disagree a wee bit. I love the lines of the roc as standard, yes it needs lowering a bit, but I dont think that kit adds anything to the car, destroys some of the sweeping lines IMHO, hate to say it but reminds me of the kit they added to the MG maestro lol! If it was me I would keep the money and go for a good quality aftermarket kit like the Caractere or Prior design options, something like this...............

LOL... well I did say I liked the subtleness... which neither of these have imho. :geek:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Yeh, I suppose what I was getting at was that the VW kit for me actually detracts somewhat from the smooth flowing design of the roc, IMHO good bodykits accentuate a cars looks, for example the 2 kits above give the car a very aggressive look and dont look like afterthought bolt-ons. I feel the VW kit does nothing for the car and it actually looks better as standard than in those VW shots. I suppose thats why on my car although I have lowered it and done some cosmetic colour coding I didnt need/want to add the bodykit, as any I saw either were not practical for everyday use or in my view did not add to the cars asthetic appeal. As I said though just my opinion........... ;) ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers for the pictures, I think I'm going to have to get the kit, the white car in the pictures look cool.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Le_Savage said:
Although... the white wheels agains the black on the Prior design do look outstanding :D
OZ ultraleggera refinished in white as white ones are only available up to 18"

I like these wheels too, but then again I would! LOL :D :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Candy Monster said:
Le_Savage said:
Although... the white wheels agains the black on the Prior design do look outstanding :D
OZ ultraleggera refinished in white as white ones are only available up to 18"

I like these wheels too, but then again I would! LOL :D :lol: :cool:
I have a set of the original OZ Super Turismos on my UR Quattro... lovely wheels

·
Registered
412 Posts
those alloys on the white car look superb i think they are the sagitta's which i'm enquiring about at the mo

·
Registered
252 Posts
Some pictures of the kit in the wild...

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Actually I take back some of my previous comments, in those photos the front and back bumpers do look well! Although I am still not sure on the side skirts............ :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From looking at any ROC that has the VW boty kit, the black door strips have either been removed or else colour coded, is this down to the owners choice?

·
Registered
252 Posts
garyb said:
From looking at any ROC that has the VW boty kit, the black door strips have either been removed or else colour coded, is this down to the owners choice?
I think the side strips must use some of the space taken by the black door strips therefore if you want the side strips then the black door protection ones have to go.

·
Registered
252 Posts

The French forum I got the images from suspect they're preparing the car to be the Scirocco R?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love this kit but each time i see these pictures i allways get the same impression, that the kit parts do not perfectly fit on the car, it does not transmit a sensation of smooth and harmony.... My english is not that good, i hope you guys understand what i mean... :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts