Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, it looks quite realistic though, i'm sure the factory bits are real but not necessarily the bit at the end where those 2 people are studying the car to check everything is correct.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
business manager on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:58 pm

This is a complete load of rubbish, its not built anything like this
Really... so how do you suggest it is built then??

When I was studying motor vehicle engineering I visited 5-6 different manufacturer plants and this was exactly how they built them, right up to and including the final human visual inspection of the finished product. In addition don't tyou think it seems like an awful lot of work to go to to spoof the production process.... what would be the reason or benefit??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some of it is accurate, but the part where the floor plan is raised up and attached to the body is b*llsh*t as modern european vehicles are not constructed in that way!
As for the final inspection they would never spend that long on every vehicle - a random number of cars are checked in the production run and the final inspections are always done when the vehicle reaches the market it was built for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
kianok said:
I think its just the pre assembled suspension and running gear which is raised into place.
maybe your right - but the front and rear sections look attached by some kind of framework that isnt part of the lift? Usually it would be the front subframe, engine and box, lower suspension components and at the rear the axle, rear brakes,springs and shock absorbers....

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
but the part where the floor plan is raised up and attached to the body is b*llsh*t as modern european vehicles are not constructed in that way
So are you saying they made a mock up of the production environment just to make a 5 min film??

As for the final inspection they would never spend that long on every vehicle - a random number of cars are checked in the production run and the final inspections are always done when the vehicle reaches the market it was built for.
While I agree the time spent is a little lenghty and relaxed and that only a random sample are cheked during production I am not sure I believe that any final check is left until the car hits the ground in the UK or whereever it's destined for.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't like the way he's putting those caps on the wheel nuts, he's just not showing enough passion and enthusiasm :lol:

G

·
kianok said:
I think its just the pre assembled suspension and running gear which is raised into place.
maybe your right - but the front and rear sections look attached by some kind of framework that isnt part of the lift? Usually it would be the front subframe, engine and box, lower suspension components and at the rear the axle, rear brakes,springs and shock absorbers....
It's hard to tell but you can see the floor is already in place as you would expect. I would think that the frame would stay in place until everything is bolted together since i assume that the exhaust is also part of that pre assembly.

Look real to me, but i'm no expert on building cars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So are you saying they made a mock up of the production environment just to make a 5 min film??
The first part of the film looks computer generated?

While I agree the time spent is a little lenghty and relaxed and that only a random sample are cheked during production I am not sure I believe that any final check is left until the car hits the ground in the UK or whereever it's destined for.
VW may be different being a European manufacturer but Nissan import the vehicles into the country say GB and then fit:
bluetooth phone kit
cat 1 Alarm
rear spoiler & front splitter
underbody aerodynamics
nismo parts

and these are all domestic market modifications not port fit accessories

·
Registered
169 Posts
donnie darko said:
i don't like the way he's putting those caps on the wheel nuts, he's just not showing enough passion and enthusiasm :lol:
lol! What about the dude who's on the rolling road? He looks mega shift man... not sure I want him behind the wheel of my freshly baked rocco!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
don't know why but it must be fake - the wheel caps for all cars are supplied in factory wrappers to us, the engine placement looks altered. Maybe its real but not a real version of what actually goes on. They speak german in the background from what I can tell but they all look spanish.very confusing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
All i want to know is... Where is min e in all of those!!! just been told theres another 2 week delay by my lease company. GGrrr.
Told them to get a list of current stock so i can see if theres anything built that i would like as i need a car soon really!

·
Registered
169 Posts
baysideblue said:
All i want to know is... Where is min e in all of those!!! just been told theres another 2 week delay by my lease company. GGrrr.
Told them to get a list of current stock so i can see if theres anything built that i would like as i need a car soon really!
Whats your ETA now? Mine still says 15th May

·
Registered
618 Posts
That not fake, thats how they are made.

Clearly none of you thinking its fake have pulled and engine/subframe/running gear assembly out of a modern car? Its entirly modular, they prebuild it and then offer it up as one unit.

VW have has engine subframe assemblied desinged like this since the early 80's!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts