Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Everybody my car is going to being examined again by VW sometime next week, today they have taken a sample of the petrol in question & retained the filter which they will give me back after their examination, the technician at VW tells me that inside the filter there will be water collected & they say it has done its job, this they will examine too, my hopes are not good as I feel VW are only doing this to keep me happy, the petrol station (Adsa Trafford Park Manchester) have taken the stance by stating in a letter to me that there are no other complaints & that their 45,000 liter tank to dispense contaminated fuel to just one customer is not possible, the Petrol station have told me to liaise with Trading Standards.

When I give my car in next week they are going to examine the pump & filter again to see if there are any other signs of this water, the only thing VW Customer Services have said a few days back in my favor was that if this happens again they will rethink of refunding me if this is a pattern, they were suppose to confirm this to me by email, but when I asked VW Customer Services that the email has not arrived in my inbox they said that they will get back to me on this after the next inspection of my car, are there any legal eagles out there.

Thanks for listening

Jaffa

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Best of luck jaffa. just try and be patient and sit tight until VW come back with their findings. Asda have a point if there was contamination of their tank it would have affected other customers. Could there be another explanation? Did you fill up anywhere else recently? Any other situations at all where water could have come into contact with the workings of your car recently?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.