Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here she is, 165,000 miles and still clocking them up....well only a few each year!

This year it came out just the once and that was for Roadstar in Holland (A massive Scirocco & Corrado only show) with an excursion to the Nurburgring.

825 miles in 5 days, wonderful experience and highly recommended!

You never know, we might see our first new Scirocco next year at Roadstar!

I've owned 3 Mk.2 Sciroccos since 1988 when my first was a 1983 CL, then a 1987 Scala (Carb) and now since 1996 this 1990 Scala i.

This used to be my daily driver covering 350 miles a week but now it has been garaged for the last 5 years ;)

So now it only comes out for special occasions, shows etc

It's limited to 3,000miles a year and has an agreed value of £7,500.

Anyway I know its not the new Scirocco but without the Mk.1 or Mk.2 you wouldn't have what you have now ;)

Taken in Boekel, Holland at the annual Roadstar Event.

me and Seany at the Nurburgring in May 08.

Sean's gorgeous Mk.1 Storm at Roadstar in Holland.

More of Roadstar & the Nurburgring can be found on the links below

Roadstar and Nurburgring

Roadstar and Nurburgring - Part 2

Roadstar and Nurburgring - Part 3

Roadstar and Nurburgring - Part 4

Roadstar and Nurburgring - Part 5

Modifications

Engine. (Services carried out every 3,000 miles by myself)
Stage 1 Ported, Polished & Gas Flowed Head.
Kent GS2 Cam.
Audi 2.2 Throttle Body
Audi Warm Up Regulator.
Power Rohr and Jetex Panel Air Filter.
4 Branch Supersprint Tubular Manifold.
Jetex Exhaust System with Twin 2.5" Ovals.
150BHP / 140lbs/ft

Transmission.
5 Speed Gearbox & Up-rated Clutch.
Short Shift & Weighted Rod.
Travel reduced by 70%

Suspension.
Lowered by 50mm (Boge Dampers & Eibach Springs).
Front Upper Strut (Adjustable).
Front Lower Strut (Static)
Rear Upper Strut (Static).

Brakes.
Rear Disc Conversion of late Mk.II Golf GTI 16v.
Front Discs - Vented
All brakes up-rated to Zimmerman X-Drilled complete with Pagid Pads.
Goodridge 6 Line Braided Hose kit & Dot 4 High Performance Brake Fluid.

Interior.
Interior is standard apart from 16V Dash from a Mk.II Golf.
(0-160MPH & 0-8000RPM)
Gauge Console with Smiths Fuel Economy & Volts.
Electric windows, Switches fitted in Arm / Door rests.
USA Spec Center Rear Brake Light.
USA Spec Indicator Stalk (This has the Cruise Control on it).
Aluminium Door Pulls (4 off)

Exterior.
6.5 x 15" WolfRace Excite R5’s with 195 x 50 x 15 Firestone Z40's.
10mm Spaced on Rear, 5mm Spaced on Front
Bee Sting Ariel
and I occasionally put the side Roof Bars on, just for show.

Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
my god thats a clean car looks savage

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fantastic pictures-especially like the green Storm-
Here's a few of my old Scirocco's-unfortunately taken before Digital cameras were even thought of-well for jo Public anyway:-
Both cars are long gone so number plates don't matter:- My Indiana Red '79 mk1 GLS and '83 Mk2 1.8 GTI fitted with Kamai Body kit minus front spoiler -(Fitted by Dealer for first owner - I was second owner)
Just some memories while we await delivery of Mk 3
q'man View attachment 1

G

·
Was never a fan of the Mk1 (the golf always looked better) but i liked the MK2

Regardless, both look mint. Id love a spin in that MK2!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
kianok said:
Was never a fan of the Mk1 (the golf always looked better) but i liked the MK2
Are you insane....the mark 2 rocco not only looked like a piece of crap it also drove like one.... just a guess but did you also prefer the tachini tracksuit and wet look perm to the DA and drain pipes??

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think thats being a bit harsh on the Mk 2 -
It wasnt the best in its class by far..but you had to pay a lot more money to get more fun..Like I did after the scirocco's.....
q'man

·
Registered
53 Posts
good pics of white mk2 not so keen on the body kit on the gti. :thumbdown: mk 1 pics are great, brings back memories of the 2 mk1's i had many years ago- 1.6ts. 1.6gls. ihad a mk2 gti it was quick but i thought it lacked the soul of the mk1

·
Registered
26 Posts
davemac5 said:
good pics of white mk2 not so keen on the body kit on the gti. :thumbdown: mk 1 pics are great, brings back memories of the 2 mk1's i had many years ago- 1.6ts. 1.6gls. ihad a mk2 gti it was quick but i thought it lacked the soul of the mk1
The body Kit was made by Kamai. It was the only kit available until VW brought out the Blue and Brown Mk2 Storm It did look a bit cumbersome though- I think the VW body kit made its first appearance on the Mk 2 Brown and Blue Storms in 1984 but then became standard on all Mk 2 s but only in black plastic-ever seen one in red with black plastic body kit -not the best looking scirocco -but they finally got around to color coding it on the Scala Versions.
scirocco0010.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
quattroman said:
It wasnt the best in its class by far..but you had to pay a lot more money to get more fun..Like I did after the scirocco's.....
q'man
That is beautiful, looks in good nick. Have you still got it?

EDIT: Or it would be if the pic worked in my reply!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cooper said:
quattroman said:
It wasnt the best in its class by far..but you had to pay a lot more money to get more fun..Like I did after the scirocco's..... View attachment 1
q'man
That is beautiful, looks in good nick. Have you still got it?

EDIT: Or it would be if the pic worked in my reply!
No havnt got that one any more, I had it in 1990- ....However I do have a newer one now ..only one year newer .... :lol:
1986 10 valve quattro turbo with grey leather.. the raw one !! without the torsion diff ..so permanent 50:50 split. All original and full VAG service history from new ...and yes I drive it as my every day car..because if you dont drive 'em everyday ..they go wrong..
and parts are becoming a nightmare to source..But it drives nice for a 23 year old .
When I sold the Alpine White one,someone said to me you will regret selling it -and I did for for 16 years..I have had this one for nearly 3 years.
My quattro.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
That one looks like a minter aswell. Did you buy it in that condition or was it in need of some restoration? I should imagine Quattros are becoming rarer by the year. Did they only make 11000?

Sorry for going off topic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bought it like it.
But needed a little cleaning and shining with a Porter Cable and used the clay bar on it first.
yes approx 11000 were 'Hand built' of which about 3000 were brought into the UK over 10-11 years- so it was a pretty rare care from new but even rarer now -its great to drive now as it must be one of the only cars that Bentley drivers look at with admiration, because without the quattro, Audi wouldnt build the Continental GT with 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
One of my friends dads had a red quattro couldn't tell you which one as unfrotunately that was before i was interested in cars so it meant nothing to me, shame. He also had an Alfa SZ. again shame.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeh I love Alfa's as well, in fact I had one before this quattro (only a 156 Veloce )and was looking at a Mito for the wife before we looked at a new Scirocco ....I think we made the right choice ..The Mk 3 Scirocco puts the aggression back into the VAG cars that has been missing for so long..New Audi's dont do anything for me.Very bland styling -Hideous corporate grill and now taken over from BMW as a an 'executive' reps car- on the whole ..not a good image.
So providing my wife lets me drive the new scirocco when it arrives I shall have the best of both worlds ..quattro as my toy ..Scirocco diesel for economy and its ease of eating up long journeys in a very comfortable and refined manor.If I wanted out and out performance I would have gone for a new Seat Leon Cupra R with the same engine as the Rocco 'R' but at the same price as the diesel scirocco- as you cant beat the value for money /smile per mile of the SEAT..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts