Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to be ordering a Scirocco next year - probably the 160, or I'd consider a 170 TDi if it comes out. I can't decide on the colour though. It looks great in white, but I fear that nearly every other Scirocco on the road will be a white one as I think it's the obvious choice. The Viper Green totally rocks, and would probably be my preference, but a dealer told me that I would be hit hard at resale with that colour. Would you guys agree?

I'm in Ireland, by the way.

John

·
Registered
484 Posts
well boy if u go for viper green ur defo goin 2 find it hard 2 trade it its ireland like extreme colours dont do well here id say go for rising blue nice colour

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think that as a GT car that Red is the best looking colour, worth going on the vw site and configouring the car as it gives the option of seeing the car in the colour of your chioce, My local dealer said that the viper green has had problems with manufacture so I would be very wary with that and it will be a bitch to sell on in the future.

·
Registered
144 Posts
wouldnt agree with your statement about white being the obvious choice as it seems we have a real mixture of colours here on the forum.

·
Registered
277 Posts
ive ordered viper green, seen some nice pics, but yeah, its going to take a hammering on resale ( mines lease vehicle, so it doesnt matter ).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those pictures posted be BusinessManager look completely different to the ones above, from TonyIroc! Is it just the effect of the (Portugese?) sun that's making the difference? The green looks a bit dull on a cloudy wet day. I'm thinking white might just be the way to go.

·
Registered
252 Posts
jphealy said:
sun that's making the difference?
Yes, Sumatra behaves in the same way.

I think regardless of the weather it would have looked even better if it had the Black Pano Roof breaking it up a little.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree - the sunroof gives it a pretty good look from the outside. According to TopGear.com, however, you should "Avoid the glass roof â€" it makes the cabin an echo chamber". Anybody experience this?

·
Registered
252 Posts
jphealy said:
I agree - the sunroof gives it a pretty good look from the outside. According to TopGear.com, however, you should "Avoid the glass roof â€" it makes the cabin an echo chamber". Anybody experience this?
Nothing of the sort!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts