Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for a bit of info, what sort of discount should i be aiming to acheive from my local dealer? i would be paying cash and the car would be highly specced includin options comes to approx 26500, should i be acheiving 10%?

any help would be appreciated and hopefully i will be joining the roc fold soon.

·
Registered
309 Posts
mine is a similar price got about ten percent off had to shop around it seems the bigger dealerships can offer the better deals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer would only offer 3% max, no room for further negotiation...usual story about wiping out his margin, etc, etc....in fact he didn't really seem interested in selling me the car at all, never even asked me to take a seat and was more than happy to let me walk without asking for any details etc...I was quite annoyed at the whole experience actually...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
markmorb said:
My dealer would only offer 3% max, no room for further negotiation...usual story about wiping out his margin, etc, etc....in fact he didn't really seem interested in selling me the car at all, never even asked me to take a seat and was more than happy to let me walk without asking for any details etc...I was quite annoyed at the whole experience actually...
that sounds bad,dont think 3% is enough of a discount to get me to part with 24000k

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have had the same issue, some dealers don't seem to want to sell you a car. Do they not realise there's a recession on ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry guys but you are not trying hard enough. Just get your best quote off the internet and then hawk it around dealers asking them to match or beat it! They will offer you somewhere near.
You will get at least 8% off.

Auto e bid looks a good start link here:
http://www.autoebid.com/buyers-guide.asp
They are suggesting around £2000 off minimum less their fee

................. or as others say try the Business Manager on here!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
markmorb said:
and don't forget the dealer has 14% margin to play with... that gem of info alone should see you holding in for at least 50% of that and sticking your heels in for 75%. It's a buyers market... oh and ignore the 'zero stock.... long order time lines, if you are happy to a) wait b) compromise you will find the right car for the right price. Personally I drove 300 miles to get mine and it was well worth the journey.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
If a dealer has hit or near hitting their targets, and stock is low, there is less incentive for them to discount to do the deal. They would rather to higher margin deals.

Best option is get in the car and go to the next dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I ordered back in April, I managed to 8% off the car and all manufacturer fitted accessories. This compared pretty well with Broker Deals of the time..... and I was more than willing to sacrifice the few extra pounds to cultivate a relationship with my local dealer!

·
Registered
258 Posts
well done, black rules! (not biased ofcourse ;-)

·
Registered
314 Posts
When I purchased mine i refused their first deal and said that i could get £2500 cheaper on the internet and they matched it straight away with no fight, did try try push for a few extras but wouldnt budge any further saying i had a very good deal. They were right as they gave me over top book price for my Astra too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Took your advice guys and have now ordered a car with 10% discount, only issue it's 200miles away from where I live but at least the drive back will be fun :D

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
scottyroc said:
i think it depends on dealer allocation/sales targets if they have already achieved their salestargets in the month then they have no incentive to offer you discount, so assuming they work to the end of the month aybe the best time to buy a motor is at the start of the month???
Would have to disagree, surely the best time is just before the end of the month if they havent sold their allocation, or even better jst before year end. They will bite your hand off I would have thought. Thats if you can find a dealer who hasnt filled his allocation which might be tricky!! :crazy:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.