Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Each to their own but as said previously - pointless waste of money for all PP's - adds nothing to the car why put a T reg plate on a 58 plate :?:

Only thing more stupid is the debadging epidemic that goes on in this country by people in underpowered versions trying to hide the fact the don't have a more powerfull car - BMW 318 drivers being the classic case in example :!:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sam63 said:
Each to their own but as said previously - pointless waste of money for all PP's - adds nothing to the car why put a T reg plate on a 58 plate :?:

Only thing more stupid is the debadging epidemic that goes on in this country by people in underpowered versions trying to hide the fact the don't have a more powerfull car - BMW 318 drivers being the classic case in example :!:
I think debadging the Scirocco gives a much cleaner, nicer look to the rear - no matter what is under the bonnet. If I were to get the 2.0 TSI I would tick the debadge option. I think it says a lot about someone with a high-powered engine option and has it debadged - that they don't have to make sure everybody knows they have the best. I'm always impressed when I see something like a Merc S600 that's debadged.

·
Registered
302 Posts
jphealy said:
Sam63 said:

I think debadging the Scirocco gives a much cleaner, nicer look to the rear - no matter what is under the bonnet. If I were to get the 2.0 TSI I would tick the debadge option. I think it says a lot about someone with a high-powered engine option and has it debadged - that they don't have to make sure everybody knows they have the best. I'm always impressed when I see something like a Merc S600 that's debadged.
I understand what you mean but in the end it's down to personal taste and I do not like the debadged look and it also goes back to the other problem most debadged cars are owned by people pretending they have a more powerful version and IMHO it is a chav look best left to Saxo and Nova owners :lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had T200... plate on my Mk5 Gti cos of the Turbo 200 ps obviously. And now it will go on my 'roc
Any one who thinks the Scirocco is from 1998 obviously doesnt know anything about cars and who cares what people think ultimately personal choice
I remember when I put my T200 plate on my brand new car and a old guy across the road thought I had fallen on hard times driving such an old car . Doderin' old tit :lol:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I own T20 ROC which is the first private plate I have ever owned and which I bought from DVLA for £145. I have since been offered £750 for it as it suits the Turbo 2litre scirocco.

I have no issues with people who do not like PP's and I have had to have a word with myself as to why I have one - end of the day the Roc looks cooler with a private plate - prove me wrong!!!

Roc On!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
the lettering on the scirocco clutters the bootlid line and also collects dirt which will be unshiftable (believe) after six months.
debadging makes for one smoothe rear and also keeps folk guessin imho.
back to the op, the plates spot on dude - get it bought if ya like it, after all - its your motor!
ive never had a private plate - if i was to get one i would want somethin really good like
RO55 JAY
or
JR 1981

both well into four figures, even on a bad day so ive never taken the plunge.

If ya like it. Buy it.

cheers

JayR

:twisted:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Night shot of my plate to annoy Sam63 :lol:

·
Registered
302 Posts

·