Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my CandyRoc back in late November 2008, delivery is week 9 2009 but the dealer cannot confirm the date - why is it that they produce 1000's of cars people don't want but they cannot produce the one you want? More to the point, what does one do with oneself when waiting.....I have had Audi's and Passat's in the past but never been so much like a little kid waiting for Father Christmas where a new car is concerned - anybody got contacts in VW who can put mine to the front of the production line please?

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that didn't work, wound it all the way forward to week 9 and the CandyRoc was not there :D I have also read the entire site and now know almost everything, what next?

·
Registered
252 Posts
olek said:
Now that didn't work, wound it all the way forward to week 9 and the CandyRoc was not there :D I have also read the entire site and now know almost everything, what next?
Now read everything again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One thing you could do is to be a real gent and offer to swap your week 9 build date with my week 10 (still to be confirmed) build date. I'll await your response before contacting vw and confirming the arrangement! :lol:

Mine's been held up because I ordered a sunroof and, according to the dealer, vw had underestimated the number of people wanting one. Given the price of the thing I think I'm surprised too! I ordered in mid November :(

Other things you could do is to drive the arse out of your current motor or, if somebody who has received theirs would share a little, you could always borrow one for a long weekend? Any offers out there guys?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! As I ordered the sunroof too it sounds like week 9 is just a dream particularly bearing in mind that my CandyRoc was ordered end of November - better give the dealer some grief or ask for some more test drives as a remedy!!!

By the way, it seems that listing the details is the order of this site so here goes:

Candy GT 2.0 TSI 200 PS Auto DSG, paddles, parking sensors, glass sunroof, truffle leather, cruise control, mats, dynaudio, bluetooth, 18" Interlagos, autoglym and gap insurance plus two cupholders - oh please please where is she?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Aw man this thread makes me unhappy :( I only ordered mine last week (19th) and was told last week of march by the leasing company! Doesn't look likely going by this thread :roll:

Simple spec though... its a GT in Rising blue with the only extra being leather seats! Maybe that will help me!

I've been playing a hellavalot on my 360 and Wii, watching the reviews (not really helping me), and buying other things that i don't really need lol :D
Started a subscription to lovefilm.com with a 3 disc package to pass the time, as well as working 07:30-18:00 most days building up flexi-time to make the days go quicker lol!

Oh and growing chiles! Even tried being a wine ponce last week after watch that james and oz drink to britain program, anything to pass the time!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's worth the wait beleive me guys :)

I couldn't wait for mine and luckily the company I got mine from on Hire Purchase had them in stock and within two weeks of ordering I received my car, delivered to me last Friday at work :). I specified white however was advised that there would be a massive wait so I went with a car they had in stock - Reflex Silver and at first I thought I'd made the wrong decision but now I have it I'm chuffed, it looks kinda white sometimes whilst showing all the gleaming curves beautifully in the sunshine... it's all subjective however and not wishing to offend anyone with their choice of colour however I think lighter shades suit this car over darker colours, it highlights the aggresive front end much better and the honeycomb grille in the bumper doesn't get lost... before I had this I would never have chosen a silver car, I always went with Black, but lighter is the way to go with this car.

You've gone for a good spec mate, coming from the Mark V Golf I was so pleasantly suprised whrn I got into the cabin for the first time, I had read that the cabin was deemed a bit too conservative by many car revieweres so I'd assumed it would be very similar to my Golf... no way, it feels real sporty, moody and masculine and I only have the cloth interior. My mates who have Audi', Beemers and even Mercs have all been green with envy when I took them for a spin...

Sorry, I go too much, just really happy with the car, and the stares and points you genuinely get are quite amusing too :)

·
Banned
86 Posts
rehmondo said:
olek said:
Now read everything on Scirocco Central lol
cheers rehmondo, found that one as well and its a top site

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after a week of trying (credit crunch, what credit crunch) I finally got hold of the dealer today and as I suspected it was bad news. I was told week 9 back in November when I ordered the car, the dealer said he deals with so many people that he cannot recall what he tells them all but anyway it is now week 12-14 and not to worry. I asked why, he said he does not know. I suggest that he finds out, he says no one can tell him why and that they are not a in position to put pressure on VW for delivery time. I suggest to him that there are problems with sun roof supplies, he says he had not heard of any but that he ordered a car similarly spec'd to mine but without the sun roof and that had turned up within 8 weeks. I suggest that he check my delivery date again as VW had announced that the plant will be shutting down for 16 days this quarter, he said that is news to him but unlikely to affect my delivery date. I suggest that he checks when my delivery date was confirmed as the shut downs had only just been announced and if he didn't know how does he know it will not affect the delivery date?

Is it me being old fashioned and believing a large sum of cash should entitle you to a little bit of customer service or does VW not give a damn, reading some of the threads elsewhere on this site and Scirocco Central I am beginning to think the latter is the case. :x

BusinessManager - not asking you to spill the beans on your colleagues, but do we have a problem with the Scirocco or VW in general?

·
Registered
283 Posts
curious whether dealer allocations come into play, ie promises they cannot deliver

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
wigit said:
curious whether dealer allocations come into play, ie promises they cannot deliver
Shouldn't just yet, unless they pumped a load out over the internet and then waited til 1st of Jan to order one. Most dealers should have had enough allocation in 2008 to order straight away. 2009 may well be different as allocation is not much more than 2008 yet we have an entire year to sell them. It is possible that it will get difficult to get hold of Scirocco factory slots in quarter 3 or 4 as happened with GTI a few years ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Olek,

my provisional build date is now confirmed as week 10. My dealer told me (and I belieive them becuase they've always been pretty straight) that vw had simply underestimated demand for sunroofs, but that they've now solved it by getting more built.

The backlog should start to ease now and provisional build dates should become firm. Not brilliant news but hopefully not too long to wait.

I'm fed up at looking at pictures and want to drive my car!

tommo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts