Votes: 27 29.0%
  • 2.0tsi 197

Votes: 66 71.0%
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hmmmm another deja vu??

It really depends on what you consider to be better, economy, noise, performance, looks, value for money.... the list goes on.

Although I would say the 1.4 Tsi should be run against the 140ps diesel and the 2.0 Tsi against the 170ps diesel as this would give a much better basis to compare.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Le_Savage said:
Hmmmm another deja vu??

It really depends on what you consider to be better, economy, noise, performance, looks, value for money.... the list goes on.

Although I would say the 1.4 Tsi should be run against the 140ps diesel and the 2.0 Tsi against the 170ps diesel as this would give a much better basis to compare.
oops forgot about thr 1.4 :oops:

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tallguy said:
Shame on you - forgetting the most technically advanced engine in the range. The two engines in your 'poll' are good engines but have been about for a while now and are hardly 'cutting edge'.
sorry tallguy once the 170chipfats out i will do a poll with all four engines

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flux said:
Petrol... They give the Rocs power much more aggressive but smoother, plus you don't have the adding thing on your mind that its just not as good and the petrol!
wow flux you on fire with you comments today , your looking good for my unofficial member of the week :thumbup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
I think diesel is best. I much prefer it to Petrol. Petrol's a bit to strong for my tastes and gives me a terrible hangover.
HaHa :lol: Sorry a bit off topic but that reminds me of the footballer (I think it was Mickey Thomas) who when asked whether he preferred grass or astroturf replied
"I don't know, I've never smoked astroturf".

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nickp said:
Evil Derboy said:
I think diesel is best. I much prefer it to Petrol. Petrol's a bit to strong for my tastes and gives me a terrible hangover.
HaHa :lol: Sorry a bit off topic but that reminds me of the footballer (I think it was Mickey Thomas) who when asked whether he preferred grass or astroturf replied
"I don't know, I've never smoked astroturf".
off topic but funny :clap:

·
Registered
11 Posts
How boring.

For info the 2.0TDi is the new common rail unit so is not old as stated.

I am going to start a poll when the 'R' arrives on a similar subject v the OLD 2.0 TSi.

On a separate note as the Diesel will easily outsell the petrol 197bhp over its lifetime if you want people to join and contribute to this forum I would suggest a change in attitude.

Taking the P is one thing but going on and on will no doubt alienate potential members.

Steve

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TT Law said:
How boring.

For info the 2.0TDi is the new common rail unit so is not old as stated.

I am going to start a poll when the 'R' arrives on a similar subject v the OLD 2.0 TSi.

On a separate note as the Diesel will easily outsell the petrol 197bhp over its lifetime if you want people to join and contribute to this forum I would suggest a change in attitude.

Taking the P is one thing but going on and on will no doubt alienate potential members.

Steve
no one has taken the p on this thread. ive had 4 diesels and one was a 90hp citroen picasso my last car was a golf mk5 sport with a 105 hp diesel, and the tsi is as new as the tdi its a reworked golf gti motor the turbo has been moved and power comes in at lower revs

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.