Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Now I'm sure I'm going to get a different answer from everyone on this given it's completely subjective but... which colour do people think looks the best on the Roc.. in the process of sticking a revised order in as the company car lease company are looking to charge me more on my PUC for candywhite which is a real shame given a mate of mine told me it looks like a storm-trooper out of Star Wars.

Is it worth paying extra for or is there a cooler colour out there?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Colour for here and now i would go for white as they do look stunning, but I feel the kerb appeal will be relatively short lived, for a longer term love affair I would go black all the way, or to be a bit different rising blue.

·
Registered
277 Posts
business manager said:
Viper all the way, be bold

ps can do you a great deal
Thats a point inktankmatt, you can if you argue hard enough source an already built Scirocco sitting somewhere in the UK, so long as your lease matches it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Salsa RED

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all

BM - I saw your post on another topic and decided to go for it - VIPER GREEN it is. Have to say though, I spent a few hours wondering if I should reconsider but naw, I'm sure I've made the right decision... just got to try and sit out the wait... how the hell are you supposed to pass the time waiting for one of these beauties to turn up?????

I agree though that it does look fantastic now in white but what will it look like in two years time. I remember white was a big thing for a while in the 80's and then it completely disappeared and only the most boring would be seen in a white car... how times change eh!

ho hum...

·
Registered
277 Posts
inktankmatt said:
thanks all

BM - I saw your post on another topic and decided to go for it - VIPER GREEN it is. Have to say though, I spent a few hours wondering if I should reconsider but naw, I'm sure I've made the right decision... just got to try and sit out the wait... how the hell are you supposed to pass the time waiting for one of these beauties to turn up?????

I agree though that it does look fantastic now in white but what will it look like in two years time. I remember white was a big thing for a while in the 80's and then it completely disappeared and only the most boring would be seen in a white car... how times change eh!

ho hum...
Believe me mate......nobody who has seen my car has disliked the colour, you have made the right decision, fear not..

Maybe brown is due a comeback? seen the new XC60 in metallic brown, and it looks bangin.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
albertz33 said:
Believe me mate......nobody who has seen my car has disliked the colour, you have made the right decision, fear not..

Maybe brown is due a comeback? seen the new XC60 in metallic brown, and it looks bangin.
Too true - found some great pictures of a Viper Green Roc on Scirocco Central and have been drooling ever since... I just can't wait any longer to get my hands on it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice one class - I've not got a delivery date yet but have only gone for mats and DAB as extras. What is your spec?

Will be interesting to see how we both get on with timescales... lets hope it's not the 6 months that a lot of people seem to have been experiencing

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well done... i've yet to see a viper in the flesh, but have heard they are very nice in the flesh. I hope you don't suffer from paranoia :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw my first viper green in a dealers today. Must admit it did look very nice in the flesh which was unexpected as I didn't like it in photos so good choice. For me though, gotta be white or rising blue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
without looking to offend, heres the way I came to Viper green:

White - Awesome colour and really popular at the mo, but im worried eventually white will fall out of favor again and cost in residuals.

Black - Best colour when cleaned and not in direct sunlight, but looks bad when its dirty and I hate swirl marks

Red - Scrapyard red, enough said (no offence meant, just not my preference)

Blue - 2/3 of the cars I owned were blue so time for a change

Silver - good colour to hide water marks etc, abit boring though

Grey - my current car is grey, so not again

Don't think Ive missed any, but incase it wasnt clear im going for green (although this could suffer like the white) oh sh*t!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
without looking to offend, heres the way I came to Viper green:

White - Awesome colour and really popular at the mo, but im worried eventually white will fall out of favor again and cost in residuals.

Black - Best colour when cleaned and not in direct sunlight, but looks bad when its dirty and I hate swirl marks

Red - Scrapyard red, enough said (no offence meant, just not my preference)

Blue - 2/3 of the cars I owned were blue so time for a change

Silver - good colour to hide water marks etc, abit boring though

Grey - my current car is grey, so not again

Don't think Ive missed any, but incase it wasnt clear im going for green (although this could suffer like the white) oh sh*t![/quot

err dont forget opal silver, think out of the box
http://photobucket.com/myscirocco

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now, I loveeee my black cars.. sexy and mean.. but..
having seen the red, green, white sciroccos come into our dealership, i have to say, white is the colou for me.. :)
never thought id like any colour colours, like red or green, but they look awesome in the flesh! but im not that bold.lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Agree about the dirt part, totally disagree about the sunlight.
I think it looks brilliant in the sun as the pain work has those sparkly bits in it, something you simply cannot see unless it is in sunlight.

Funnily enough, I actually think that each colour on the Roc looks different from different angles, and so some colours look best head on (White, Silver) some look better from side profile etc...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Funnily enough, I actually think that each colour on the Roc looks different from different angles, and so some colours look best head on (White, Silver) some look better from side profile etc...robrob
Now there's an idea, why not go for one of those polo's or Ka's with each panel a differnt colour... :D

1 - 20 of 65 Posts