Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi noticed today that the drivers window was open a couple of centimetres and the doors were locked, opened the car and closed the door again but the window still did not go back to its normal closed position. Opened the window fully and then closed it and it went fully up, opened the door and it dropped slightly as normal, its been fine since. Only had the car couple of days :eek: Have any other members experienced this?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
Haven't experienced this myself but I think that there is a procedure to reset the windows if this happens. Maybe it's as simple as opening the window fully and closing it. I could be talking rubbish but I'm sure I read this somewhere.
Yeh Ed, I think you are right.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi guys,
For once this Rocco lady can perhaps help you out.
I noticed this a few times (windows being open about 5 cm) and asked the VW dealer.
Just try this: when you open the car, just keep on pressing the open button on the remote..... let me know what you find out.
You can do the opposite as well, just try and take a look
I love this.......

or am I being silly with this???
^x^

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Katmadam said:
Hi guys,
I noticed this a few times (windows being open about 5 cm) and asked the VW dealer.
Just try this: when you open the car, just keep on pressing the open button on the remote..... let me know what you find out.
I love this.......

^x^
its supposed to do this dont worry, i think its quite cool myself or am i just sad,

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
Katmadam said:
Hi guys,
I love this.......

^x^
its supposed to do this dont worry, i think its quite cool myself or am i just sad,
No. It's cool as feck! :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
No, the last couple of comments have missed Briggroc's point (i think)..........He's saying that his car has opened its windows by itself...ie found the windows down and car is still locked......NOT that he has unlocked it and seen the windows drop to go under the seal......Obviously this is not correct so if it does it again take it back to the dealer!!! When my Porsche did this it needed a new key (£170), but it cured it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to confirm the fault - I know the windows are supposed to drop when you open the doors - in this case I just closed the door and locked as normal, I don't know if the window had gone back to its normal closed position when i closed the door. The point being that the window was open slightly and would not go back to closed until I used the window button - I was just interested if it had happened to any one else - yes I will take back to dealer to get it checked if it happens again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.