Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi have just got my new 2.0 tsi gt white :D without xenon lights though. but what i am wondering is can xenon bulbs fit into the normal head lights :?

·
Registered
252 Posts
No, you need a lot more than that to make it road legal plus all the extra equipment needed to power those bulbs.

However you could fabricate the HID Xenon’s kit which will come with all power equipment but to make it road legal you will need headlight washers (come with factory Xenon’s or if you chose the winter pack)

Hope that helps.

I don't have Xenon’s either; I want them though so maybe after a few months, I will order the original equipment needed which may cost around £1000 or more so will have to think about it carefully.

Please note retro-fitting Xenon’s will invalidate your cars warranty and VW will not even attempt to retro-fit the original kit as they can't provide you with a warranty - strange as Audi offer retro-fitting of Xenon’s on TT's :?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks very much 4 the help guess its not as simple as i expected. think that ill just leave the normal head lights in cheers

·
Registered
302 Posts
Xenon Lights seem to be no longer available when you build your new car on VW's website so I reckon you've had it am afraid

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sam63 said:
Xenon Lights seem to be no longer available when you build your new car on VW's website so I reckon you've had it am afraid
It's been like that for a few months now, I still believe there are no issues with the Xenon's or the Pano Roof, they're hoping people will cancel orders amid delays and settle for one of the 200 Sciroccos already available in the UK.

·
Registered
283 Posts
crikey 195 on vw website, can't believe our gti is pulling bette residuals all be it only 246 in total made :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts