Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
Regards Xenons.
I tried to order the Xenon headlight option as it appears in the brochure and on the net!
The salesman told me it was not available on the Scirocco.So i ended up ringing VW UK.They told me that their suppler was struggling to supply.
Gods knows why when their order books are at there lowest!
I have now emailed VW in Germany,but with no response as yet.
Some people would say there a waste of money,but when you have been use to them,its hard to give them up.

Poppy

·
Registered
302 Posts
No longer available m8 and they are no longer on the VW website when you spec your Scirocco so I wouldn't waste your time trying.

·
Registered
484 Posts
y has this happened deos anybody know

·
Registered
68 Posts
I really wanted xenons too and unfortunatley got the same story :( I just know as soon as I order they will be available again. That would be just my luck ! :roll:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made a big mistake today!
After ordering a black 2.0TSI two weeks ago i was quite sure i'd ordered the right colour.
On my travels today i called into the VW dealer in Stratford Upon Avon.Just to check out other colours.
They had the Blue,Silver and Grey.Now i'm totally confused!!!
Wish i hadn't bothered. :roll:

Poppy

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Ref the Xenon's... i think its because in certain counties in Germany, and the UK Xenons have been banned due to the fact that there brilliance is technically brighter than some vehicle Full beam lights....

I know that the Range Rover Vogue had Xenon's so bright and powerful the bright then the VW golf Full beam and Fog lights put together and the gave second degree burns if you touched the light pannel!. :shock: .

·
Registered
19 Posts
you can still order xeron headlights only as long as you don't mind waiting considerable time longer for the car to be made and delivered, expected wait for arrival is about 42/50 weeks, so unless you a very patient person for a very hyperly antisipated motor just buy a scirocco with normal head lights

·
Registered
252 Posts
There are a few made with 0/del miles still in stock - speak to Business Manager for further info if you really want one with Xenons - wait this way might only be 3-5 weeks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts